Teenager electrocuted by faulty phone charger

A teenage girl has died in Vietnam after being electrocuted in her sleep by her faulty iPhone charging cable.

Le ThiXoan, 14, had reportedly rolled over onto the torn cable and had as a result been exposed to the live wire, police in the Vietnamese capital, Hanoi, said.

She was found unconscious by her parents and rushed to a local hospital; however, doctors were unable to revive her, pronouncing her dead shortly after.

Police found the burnt cable on her bed and believe a slight tear in the rubber casing may have revealed the live wires inside.

According to odditycentral.com, the police believe the girl had plugged her Apple device into charge and laid it on her bed like she did every night. They said tragedy likely struck as she slept and rolled onto the iPhone’s charging cable, which electrocuted her with the current.

The charging cable is being inspected but the authorities said they are yet to determine whether it was the original Apple wire or a third-party device.

<

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Lost Password