See the full list of people Evans kidnapped and huge ransom paid
The notorious kidnapper arrested, Chukwudidumeme Onuamadike, alias Evans along with six members of his gang in Lagos, has named some of his victims.
He told detectives that though he could not remember the number of people he kidnapped or the amount of money he collected as ransom, he was, however, able to mention a few. Evans has been singing like a canary since his arrest.
Here is a list of some of his victims and the ransom they paid:
1. Mbarikatta William Uboma Mr Mbarikatta William Uboma was kidnapped at Festac Town on June 16, 2012, and the sum of N20 million was collected as ransom before he was released.
2. Mr Paul Cole Evan’s confessional statement revealed that Mr Paul Cole from Ohafia in Abia state was also kidnapped by the gang on August 23, 2012, at Festac Town and N20m was also paid to free him.
3. Mr Mohammed Jamal Mr Mohammed Jamal a Lebanese man was kidnapped on August 19, 2012, at Ajah. He paid N17m at Ojo area of Lagos to regain his freedom.
4. Mr Kingsley Nwokenta On September 19, 2012, after he left Lebanon Bar in Festac Town, Mr Kingsley Nwokenta was kidnapped and he had to pay N15m in addition to his black Toyota Venza car to gain freedom.
5. Mr Anthony Ozoanidobi On October 10, 2012, along Marwa Road in Satellite Town, they kidnapped Mr Anthony Ozoanidobi, where N15m was paid before he was taken to Apple junction, Amuwo-Odofin in Lagos and released.
6. Mr Leo Abraham Mr Leo Abraham was kidnapped in Lagos on August 20, 2012, and dumped at Badagry Road in Lagos after he paid N15m.
7. Ojukwu Cosmas Ojukwu Cosmas, a Toyota parts salesman, was kidnapped on January 21, 2016, at Festac Town and had to pay a whooping $1m to secure his release.
8. James Uduji James Uduji was kidnapped by the gang at Seventh Avenue, Festac Town late last year and paid $1.2m after being held for six weeks before he was released.
9. Chief Raymond Okoye Odu-Na–Ichida Chief Raymond Okoye Odu-Na–Ichida was kidnapped in 2015 and also paid $1m to regain his freedom after two months in captivity.
10. Uche Okoroafor Uche Okoroafor, a trader at Alaba International Market, Lagos, was kidnapped by the gang in 2015 and held captive for three months before he was released after paying $1m.
11. Elias Ukachukwu Elias Ukachukwu, who was kidnapped by the gang in November, 2015 also paid $1m for his release.
12. Francis Umeh Francis Umeh was kidnapped in July 2016, at Raji Rasaki Estate and released after paying $1m to secure his release.
13. Mr Donatus Dunu Mr Donatus Dunu, a pharmacist and importer of medicine, who was kidnapped on February 14, 2017, in Elupeju area of Lagos. The sum of N150m was paid by the victim’s family to secure his release.
14. Mr Ohunyon Ernest Mr Ohunyon Ernest was kidnapped in November 2011 and he had to pay N85m, before he was released.
15. Mr Dan Odiete Mr Dan Odiete, was also kidnapped by the gang in Benin City in 2013, paid N100m to regain his freedom.
16. The owner of Uyi Technical The owner of Uyi Technical was kidnapped by Evan’s gang in Benin City in 2013 paid N100m before he was released.
17. Tom A man named Tom was kidnapped in Benin in 2012 and he paid N100m to the gang to be freed.
18. The owner of Kings Paint The owner of Kings Paint was also kidnapped in Benin City in 2010 by the same gang and had to pay N40m to regain his freedom.
19. Mr Randeki Mr Randeki was kidnapped by the gang in 2010 and paid N30m for his release.