N3.5 million worth of property destroyed as fire razes house in Yobe

An early morning fire Wednesday razed down a residential house, destroying property worth N3.5 million in Damaturu, the Yobe State capital.

The inferno was said to have been caused by an electrical fault when electricity was restored.

An eyewitness, Ali Dan Azumi told us that, “Property worth millions of Naira that include royal beds, exotic cushion chairs, carpets, air conditioners as well as wardrobes stockpiled with clothes and other belongings were destroyed in the disaster”.

Another eyewitness, Adamu Mohammed recounted that the fire outbreak started around 8am and gradually spread to other parts of the house.

He commended the effort of the State Fire Service, saying their prompt response had greatly helped in quenching the inferno.

“Apart from the property destroyed, no life was lost or injury sustained during the incident”, Usman Adamu, an eyewitness told us.

<

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Lost Password